About Me

My photo
I'm an instructor for the Computer, Science and Internet course at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fl. I'm taking the Education Media Design and Technology Masters so that I may expand my teaching repertoire and become a better instructor.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

PE3_iMovie

First of all…



Ta da! I did it. 

Now after watching all of these tutorials, I was a little overwhelmed. I wanted to try so many things! I loved the beat matching function, where you could set still images to music. I don't really have any videos, but I'm a photographer, so I have A LOT of cool pictures that would be neat to use.  So I was tempted to do that. 

I had a lot of ideas running through  my head, but ultimately I came back to the movie trailer idea, which I mentioned in my first blog post. 

I really thought that was a neat feature, and kept going back to that idea when I was thinking about what to produce. I thought it would be neat to make a trailer for a "movie" based on my photos and influenced by some of my personal writing and fictional stories. 

…This wound up being much more difficult than I thought. We're not really "family photo" type of people in my house, and many of my pictures are "stuck" in film format. I didn't have the time to scan them in, so I had to make due what I had on digital AND try to weave them into some kind of story. I This is what I wound up with. I hope you enjoy watching it. I'd like to try this again, given more time. 






What do you think?


EDIT: I decided I'm really not happy with the quality of the video as blogger displays it. I think they compress the file after it's uploaded. Viddler shows in slightly higher quality, so if you want, you can view the video here at my viddler site. You'll also have a few more features in terms of size as well. It looks pretty nice on my macbook in fullscreen, so I'd like you, my audience, to have a similar experience.

I also would like to state, for clarity's sake, that ALL of the images in that trailer are mine. I am the photographer and editor of all of those pictures. Only the spinning globe logo in the beginning is not mine. 

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    I really like your creativity in the iMovie training video you produced. The titles were absolutely alluring and the mystery of black and white was strong. Then you transformed the thought of ‘color’ through picture and I found myself reaching for my wallet to buy movie tickets for your show.

    You used excellent quality photos that were well thought out to match your theme. Then your titling continued to intrigue me – ‘Could you go back?’ and ‘Doorway’ – from color going back to only black and white, would be hard. It made me know this author-producer had intellect. That is what makes money – and educates powerfully. Very impressive!

    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks so much for the compliments Hunter! I was a bit nervous about this. Something intersting I found out (for anyone else who reads this) is that you CAN make changes to the iMovie trailer templates. You do it by changing it to a project, but you do lose some control over the transitions and titles. So I had some difficulties, but it was fun to make and watch. Thanks for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete