About Me

My photo
I'm an instructor for the Computer, Science and Internet course at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fl. I'm taking the Education Media Design and Technology Masters so that I may expand my teaching repertoire and become a better instructor.

Friday, August 12, 2011

BP6_Link to "Searching for a Science Eye" blog

I really love it when concepts, ideas and real world tools come together. It's really satisfying to work on a project, and connect the ideas from that project with another idea, person, and project.

I've been doing a lot of research into the use of Virtual Worlds and Environments in education, and how these virtual worlds can be used to improve students engagement and understanding of material.
One of the more fascinating ideas I've come across in this research, is using game theory and design to create games, in a virtual environment setting. These games teach students a range of subjects, from science to literature arts, in an immersive, engaging and FUN manner.

So I was really excited and intrigued to read Stephaine Bivins review of the web 2.0 tool Electrocity.

www.electrocity.co.nz

It's a really neat program/tool with resources included to help teachers make the most of it.

Click this link to read more about what I have to say about this program, and my comments to Stephaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment