About Me

My photo
I'm an instructor for the Computer, Science and Internet course at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fl. I'm taking the Education Media Design and Technology Masters so that I may expand my teaching repertoire and become a better instructor.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Looking ahead....peer review groups anyone?

One of the biggest hurdles I've found myself facing in this program is time management. I can have great time management skills when I put my mind to it, and I've accumulated a variety of tools (web2.0 and otherwise) to help me with this endeavor.

But life doesn't always work the way you intend it to, and my work situation is a bit different than others. So between home, family, work, and just life in general, sometimes I find myself working on projects on tighter timeline or schedule than I'd like.


To help stop this, I'm really trying to get in the habit of working ahead. I know this is something we all should be doing anyway and I think many of us, including myself, try to do so. It doesn't always work out (see above paragraph) but again, you try and work with what you have.

So, in the interest of working ahead, and planning ahead, I'm trying to get some stuff done as early as I can.

The point of all of this? (I do have one, I swear) I'm looking now to find and gather some folks for the Literature Review peer review group. We're supposed to have gathered our groups by the end of this week, and then evaluate each others papers next week.

Maybe I'm not working as far ahead as I think I am, maybe everyone else already has their group.

But if you don't have a group and are looking for one, well I am too! Send me a comment or email if you want to be Literature Review buddies. :)

Look forward to hearing from you all! I promise I don't bite!

2 comments:

  1. I would like to work with you on peer groups. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, sounds good! Anyone else?


    Did we need to put our groups up on google docs?

    ReplyDelete