About Me

My photo
I'm an instructor for the Computer, Science and Internet course at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fl. I'm taking the Education Media Design and Technology Masters so that I may expand my teaching repertoire and become a better instructor.

Friday, August 12, 2011

BP5_Link to Kimber's Expedition in Education blog

While looking through my fellow colleagues posts about web2.0 tools, I came across Kimber's review and exploration of Fontstruct.

www.fontstruct.com


It's use is in it's name: the web based tool allows you to actually *create* (construct) your own font, from scratch. It's quite an interesting idea. The process may seem a little daunting at first, but it's a lot of fun to use and play with. It definitely encourages creativity, and pushes you to explore the boundaries of the application.

While the idea of creating a font may seem inapplicable to education, I found quite a few avenues of learning potential and ideas for use of the creative app.

Use this link to see my comments and discussion on the use of this tool in Kimber's post.


No comments:

Post a Comment