About Me

My photo
I'm an instructor for the Computer, Science and Internet course at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fl. I'm taking the Education Media Design and Technology Masters so that I may expand my teaching repertoire and become a better instructor.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wk 4 Leadership Project: Article and Sharing

My leadership project, the culmination of these last 11 months of hard work, is a paper that I plan to submit to at least two, if not three journals.

My paper pulls together all the parts of CBR we have been doing: research (literature review), implementation (methodology), data analysis (Results) and reflections (conclusion).

I plan on submitting to three journals:



http://www.nctm.org/publications/jrme.aspx
1. The  Journal for Research in Mathematics Education 
This journal is part of the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics, which is the organization that came up with a wide collective of virtual manipulatives for use in the classroom. It was here that I got the idea and many of the resources for my CBR project, and I look forward to being able to add my experiences with these manipulatives to the collective of information they provide.

http://www.aace.org/pubs/jcmst/default.htm
2. The Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching      
The title kind of says it all, as this journal focuses on instructors using computers to teach math and science and according to their site... "is the only periodical devoted specifically to using information technology in the teaching of mathematics and science."   
My project, studies and findings focus specifically on the proposed benefits, and results of actual implementation of using computers and tech to teach mathematics, so I think my article would be a good fit here





http://www.aace.org/pubs/ijel/
3. The International Journal on E-Learning
Is another publication I am considering, as they too focus on the results of actual implementation  of "E-learning". This has a much broader audience, including businesses and technical education, so I'm not sure if my article will fit in, but i would like to submit and see what they say.


You can read about the journey and steps I've taken this month to decide upon, create and consider publication for my article in these posts:


And finally, you can find the actual article, in all it's rough draft glory here:

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful project idea, great work with the data and narrative. It's so important that we find a way to leverage these tools so that our students can really have more than a rote-memory based understanding of math and physics and all the things that they need to be successful programmers.

    ReplyDelete