About Me

My photo
I'm an instructor for the Computer, Science and Internet course at Full Sail University in Orlando, Fl. I'm taking the Education Media Design and Technology Masters so that I may expand my teaching repertoire and become a better instructor.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wk 3 Comments on Michael's Blog

Michael's original post:

When I first discovered that I would be needing to share my work on a larger scale, I sort of freaked out about it.  After taking a deep breath and realizing what was being asked of me, the answers essentially became no-brainers.  There are a few options that I could have chosen, but I have decided to go with two in particular, with a few potential back-ups to mention as well.

My first choice is a well-known state convention that's as large as almost any national convention of its kind: The Texas Music Educators Association (TMEA) Annual Clinic & Convention.  Tens of thousands of music educators, professional musicians, exhibitors and students descend upon San Antonio, Texas every year to partake in all of the learning opportunities and other festivities that go on during this four day period.  Texas is a major player in the way music education is crafted nationally, so presenting my work here has great potential to have a ripple effect on a national level.

What makes my first choice a potential home run is how it directly effects my second choice.  The Technology Institute for Music Educators (TI:ME) is partnering with TMEA this upcoming year, meaning that submitting for one organization is essentially submitting for them both!  My hope is that my work is of value to other music educators, and that I am given the opportunity to demonstrate that work for a very large and exceptional audience such as that which will be attending these conventions.

Some other places I had considered presenting are the National Association for Music Education, and The Midwest Clinic that occurs in December in Chicago, but their windows for submissions have already closed.
Posted by

 Michael,

The first lines of your post made me smile, as they reminded me of my own post and the process I took to determine where I was going to submit.

It is a daunting process! It's easy to get "freaked out" and overwhelmed. And, as I mentioned in my own post, now is when it gets a little more "real", which, I think, causes the freak out to become even more pronounced.

But, like you mentioned, the reality of the situation is much less scary and complicated.
I'm glad you were able to find sources that meet your needs so well. I too am pretty excited to submit my work to the journals I found.

I wish you the best of luck! We're almost done. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment